- Winning earned speaking opportunities to save significant event marketing dollars
- A major B2B data company was spending more than $1 million/year on event sponsorship to achieve their goal of speaking at industry trade events.
- Many of these sponsorships were secured simply to keep up with onstage presences from larger competitors with larger marketing investments
- The company needed a way to reduce its event sponsorship budget and reallocate those dollars to other marketing priorities
- They also sought to continue their substantial onstage presence at industry trade events but lacked the content, connections and capabilities to get onstage without paying large amounts
- Partner with event marketing team, sales team, and senior executives to prioritize event structure and focus spend only on the essentials
- Map priority events according
- Implement a speaker’s bureau, which identified subject matter experts and topics they were passionate about
- Create unique, compelling speaker proposals that spoke directly to each event’s core audience
- $100K marketing investment saved in a 6 month period
- High-profile appearances for the brand in front of hundreds of highly engaged customers
- More than a dozen event opportunities secured with zero sponsorship dollars having to be spent
- The majority of these earned events featured competitors who had to pay their way in to speak onstage
- Going behind the curtain: Established long-term relationships with event organizers which positioned the company as the industry experts.
- Increased public perception lead subsequent event organizers to proactively approach the brand for speaking opportunities